How to Implement PRME?
How to Get Started
Although each academic institution has to find its own approach to implement PRME, there are some general success factors:
- The commitment of the top administrators to the implementation of PRME is a first, crucial aspect for progress.
- Identify champions and leaders among faculty, high-ranking administrators, and students or outside stakeholders (e.g. financial donors) to help in the initial steps of adoption and implementation of the PRME.
- Create a vision of what must be achieved in terms of the organization's operations and services (curricula, research, and advocacy).
- Identify key aspects of the organization's activities that can be changed.
- Plan and build the operating, accountability and reporting systems to put the vision into practice.
- Integrate and align efforts across the organization and in its key decision-making processes by forming a multi-stakeholders, multi-disciplinary approach team, including administrators, faculty, and students (i.e. organization's operations, curriculum, research, etc.)
- Annually assess and share your progress with all stakeholders.